As a homeowner, you are doubtless concerned about electrical safety.  Faulty household wiring is hazardous – it poses a shock or electrocution hazard to those in the home, as well as being a leading cause of house fires.

One of the symptoms of electrical trouble in your home is flickering lights.

Why do my lights flicker?
There are a number of things that can cause lights in a house to flicker.
If only one light is flickering, the problem is likely within the bulb, fixture or the light switch that controls it.  Change the bulb, and if the problem persists, consult an electrician.

If all of the lights in the home flicker at the same time, the problem is likely with the utility company (perhaps a connection at the pole, or a problem with a transformer) or inside your meter base or main service panel.  Electrical conductors heat up and cool down constantly, and often this will cause them to work themselves loose.  Once there is a gap between conductors, an arc (a spark between them) can be caused, which presents a fire hazard.  Have an On Time Electric professional check your panel, and have Manitoba Hydro inspect your service.

If the lights in one portion of your house flicker (all the time, or just sometimes) the problem is likely a loose connection in your household wiring.  You should have it checked by one of our experts, because there are hundreds of connections that need to be checked, and an arc inside your home can cause a fire.

If your lights flicker when a piece of equipment, like a fridge, freezer, or air conditioning unit turns on, it could mean that the unit is faulty, or your wiring provides insufficient current to the device.  It could also be completely normal for this to happen, but only an electrician will be able to make this diagnosis for sure.

In Winnipeg, On Time Group can help you evaluate and repair your home’s wiring, helping you to keep your family safe.

If the lights in your home are flickering, don’t delay in contacting On Time Group online or call (204) 774-1474 to diagnose and correct the problem.

Don’t Ignore your Flickering Lights!

As a homeowner, you are doubtless concerned about electrical safety.  Faulty household wiring is hazardous – it poses a shock or electrocution hazard to those in the home, as well as being a leading cause of house fires.

One of the symptoms of electrical trouble in your home is flickering lights.

Why do my lights flicker?

There are a number of things that can cause lights in a house to flicker. 

If only one light is flickering, the problem is likely within the bulb, fixture, or the light switch that controls it.  Change the bulb, and if the problem persists, consult an electrician.

If all of the lights in the home flicker at the same time, the problem is likely with the utility company (perhaps a connection at the pole, or a problem with a transformer) or inside your meter base or main service panel.  Electrical conductors heat up and cool down constantly, and often this will cause them to work themselves loose.  Once there is a gap between conductors, an arc (a spark between them) can be caused, which presents a fire hazard.  Have an electrician check your panel, and have Manitoba Hydro inspect your service.

If the lights in one portion of your house flicker (all the time, or just sometimes) the problem is likely a loose connection in your household wiring.  You should have it checked by an electrician, because there are hundreds of connections that need to be checked, and an arc inside your home can cause a fire.

If your lights flicker when a piece of equipment, like a fridge, freezer, or air conditioning unit turns on, it could mean that the unit is faulty, or your wiring provides insufficient current to the device.  It could also be completely normal for this to happen, but only an electrician will be able to make this diagnosis for sure.

In Winnipeg, On Time Group can help you evaluate and repair your home’s wiring, helping you to keep your family safe.

If the lights in your home are flickering, don’t delay in contacting On-Time Group online or call (204) 774-1474 to diagnose and correct the problem.